DIY Clay Nursery Mobile or Wall Hanging
I've actually had this project idea up on my DIY idea wall for half a year, so I was thrilled to actually find the time to try it out. It ended up being so fun and easy to make that it seems only fair that I share a tutorial with you all so you have a sweet DIY gift in your arsenal next time you have a special baby to spoil.
You can make at least three different mobiles with just the one package of clay. Personalized handmade gifts for less than $3 a piece = Awesome!
- Printed template
- Rolling pin
- Craft knife
- Gel or felt-tipped pen (a finer tipped pen will work better than one with a large tip)
- Waxed paper for freezer paper (for protecting your work surface)
- Premier Stone Clay - available at craft stores such as Michael's or online
- Air-tight container or sealable plastic bag (for clay storage)
- Small glass of water (optional)
- Scrap paper